Say hello to your new favorite Fall side dish. This Apple Arugula Salad is the perfect addition to a Fall dinner or just as a yummy lunch! It’s bursting with flavor from onions, crisp apples, and candied pecans. Topped with an easy vinaigrette for a simple 10 minute dish!
- 7 cups arugula
- 2 medium apples
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add the coconut sugar, water, salt and cinnamon to a saute pan and bring to a low boil.
- Add the pecans and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the pecans are well coated and no extra liquid remains.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Use a mandolin or knife to thinly slice the onion and apples.
- Add the arugula to a large bowl with the apples, onion, dried cranberries and pecans.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or container.
- Pour the dressing over the salad when you are ready to serve.
You can use any variety of apple for this salad, but a nice crisp apple works best. I use 1 granny smith and 1 honeycrisp apple.
I suggest this mandoline slicer to get the apple and onion into very fine, thin strips.
For a lighter, low sugar option, use regular pecans and not candied.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 13.2
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 1.5g
Keywords: apple arugula salad, arugula salad, arugula salad recipe