This asparagus pasta salad with creamy lemon dressing is the perfect addition to your summer barbecue or picnic!
- 16 ounces uncooked pasta (I used brown rice pasta)
- 1 can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped small
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup peas, defrosted
- 5 green onion stalks
- 2/3 cup hemp hearts
- 2/3 cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black or white pepper
- Optional: 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Prepare all your veggies by cutting off the stems of the asparagus (the bottom inch or two), chopping the broccoli into small bites, and dicing the bell pepper and green onion.
- Add the broccoli and asparagus to a pot of water with a steamer basket. Let steam for about 7 minutes.
- Add the peas during the last few minutes.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Taste and add additional seasoning if desired.
- Drain and rinse the pasta and beans and add to a large bowl.
- Add in the veggies and dressing.
- Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Add in a handful of fresh arugula if desired and additional salt and pepper.
Stores well in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: vegan pasta salad, lemon hemp dressing, white bean pasta salad, asparagus pasta salad