This vegan pasta salad with creamy lemon dressing is the perfect addition to your summer barbecue or picnic! It’s easy to make, full of fresh flavor and completely customizable.
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch kale
- 1 small bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup peas, defrosted
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 5 green onion stalks
- 2/3 cup hemp hearts
- 2/3 cup unsweetened, unflavored non-dairy milk
- Juice from 2 lemons (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black or white pepper
- Optional: 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Prepare all your veggies by cutting off the stems of the asparagus (the bottom inch or two), chopping the kale into small bites, and dicing the bell pepper, tomatoes and green onion.
- Add the kale and asparagus to a pan with a splash of olive oil. Let saute for about 5 minutes so they soften.
- Add the peas during the last few minutes or add them to the microwave for 1-2 minutes to defrost.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Taste and add more salt, pepper or lemon if desired.
- Drain and rinse the pasta and beans and add to a large bowl.
- Add in the veggies and dressing.
- Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Top with red pepper flakes and additional chopped scallions.
This recipe stores well in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You can add virtually any vegetables you want into this dish. Tomatoes, shredded carrots, edamame, radishes-anything goes! I wanted to keep it green, but feel free to play around.
If you’re planning on preparing this ahead of time, I recommend adding half of the dressing and mixing it all up so the flavors can blend together, then add the other half when you’re ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 10.2g
- Protein: 14.1g
Keywords: vegan pasta salad, pasta salad, vegan pasta salad recipe