Easy, delicious and decadent, this vegan avocado chocolate mousse is an easy dessert with only 6 plant based ingredients! It’s incredibly rich, creamy, and comes together in less than 5 minutes.
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit and scoop out the flesh into a high speed blender or food processor.
- Add in all remaining ingredients (make sure you pit the dates!)
- Process until completely smooth and no chunks remain.
- Taste and add more maple syrup or cacao powder if desired.
- Transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream, fresh berries, or enjoy as is!
In lieu of the dates, you can sub for extra maple syrup if desired. If omitting the dates, leave out the almond milk and add just 1-2 tbsp as needed.
Once prepared, this recipe will store in the fridge for 5 days. Store in an air tight container for best results.
For an even richer mousse, you can sub 1/2 of the cocoa powder for about 1/4 cup of melted chocolate chips. OR for the ultimate rich chocolate mousse, you can add 1/4 cup melted chocolate in addition to the mousse. I’ll save that option for the true chocolate lovers.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 19.1g
- Fat: 7.6g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Protein: 1.9g
Keywords: dairy free chocolate mousse, avocado chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse, vegan chocolate mousse