Easy, decadent, and perfectly healthful, this avocado chocolate mousse is about to be your new favorite dessert!
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 8 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup plant milk of choice (almond, coconut etc.)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup cacao powder
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit and scoop out the flesh into a high speed blender or food processor.
- Add in all remaining ingredients (make sure you pit the dates!)
- Process until completely smooth and no chunks remain.
- Taste and add more maple syrup or cacao powder if desired.
- Transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream, fresh berries, or enjoy as is!
You can use either cacao powder or cocoa powder in this recipe.
Keywords: dairy free chocolate mousse, avocado chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse, vegan chocolate mousse