This vegan baked pumpkin oatmeal is cozy, delicious, and the perfect fall breakfast.
For the oats:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cups non dairy milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (see notes for DIY)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 2.5 tbsp water
- 3–4 tbsp maple syrup, coconut sugar, or honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup pecans (plus more for garnish if desired)
Maple Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 1/4 cup non dairy cream cheese (I used Kite Hill)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flax seeds and water in a bowl and set aside to thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Once flax egg is thickened, add to the large bowl and stir.
- Transfer to an 8×8 baking dish or multiple smaller dishes if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the cream cheese glaze in a small bowl and drizzle on top.
This recipe stores well in the fridge. You can make this the night before and simply reheat in the morning for a quick breakfast! It will last in the fridge for about 3 days.
For DIY pumpkin pie spice, combine 4 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp cloves, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and use 1 1/2 total tsp for this recipe.
If you do not have ground flax seeds, you can use a regular egg or use ground chia seeds instead.
Make sure you use a PLAIN cream cheese, not flavored!
Depending on which cream cheese you use, you may need to add a tablespoon or so of water to help it whisk together.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 7.7g
- Fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrates: 40.2
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: pumpkin oatmeal, baked oatmeal, baked pumpkin oatmeal