These banana chocolate chip muffins are easy, healthy, and seriously to die for.
- 3 large ripe bananas (1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg (see notes for vegan version)
- 3 tbsp refined coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup fine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the flax egg combine 1 tbsp ground flax seeds with 2.5 tbsp water. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Peel and mash the bananas and make sure you have a full 1 1/2 cup worth.
- To the same mixing bowl, add the egg or flax egg (once thickened), apple cider vinegar, vanilla, coconut sugar, coconut oil and mix well.
- Next, stir in the oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Mix well until a batter forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out the batter and add to a lined muffin tray, filling each spot about 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
The egg can be subbed for a flax egg. To make the flax egg combine 1 tbsp ground flax seeds with 2.5 tbsp water. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
Once prepared, these muffins will store for about 1 week.
Keywords: gluten free banana muffins, banana chocolate chip muffins, banana muffins, gluten free muffins