This buffalo chickpea salad is the best and easiest lunch around. It’s spicy, gluten free, dairy free and chock full of flavor. 10 minutes plus 8 key ingredients and you have a simple and delicious lunch.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to a large bowl.
- Mash with a potato masher, retaining some whole pieces. You can also add them to a food processor and pulse a few times to break them up.
- Finely chop the celery, carrot, bell pepper and onion and add to the bowl with the chickpeas.
- Mince the garlic (I like using a garlic press) and add to the bowl.
- Stir in the buffalo sauce, ranch, salt, and pepper.
- Mix until everything is well incorporated. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve as is or with bread, toast, or lettuce wraps.
I like using the Sir Kensington’s buffalo ranch for this recipe, but any ranch will work. If you are vegan, be sure to use an egg free ranch (Primal Kitchen and Daiya both make one).
I used a buffalo ranch that is medium-spicy, but there are ones that are mild and hot. Feel free to adjust the amount of buffalo sauce according to your desired spice level.
Once prepared, this recipe will keep for 5-7 days. Store it in an air tight container for best results.
The ranch can be subbed for mayo if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Fat: 11.3g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 12.3g