Sweet, indulgent, but entirely healthy, these cake batter energy balls are your new favorite high protein snack!
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 tbsp sprinkles (plus more for rolling)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add the cashew butter, vanilla, almond extract, and maple syrup to a bowl. Mix well.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the sprinkles and combine until a dough forms. Don’t be afraid to use your hands!
- Gently fold in the sprinkles with a wooden spoon.
- Take about a 1 1/2 half inch scoop of the dough and roll into balls.
- Roll the dough in additional sprinkles if desired.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The almond extract is a key ingredient in giving these energy balls a cake batter flavor, I don’t recommend subbing it with anything else.
These energy balls will last in the fridge for about 2 weeks or in the freezer for several months.
You can use any protein powder for this recipe. I highly recommend a vanilla protein for best flavor.
Keywords: cake batter energy balls, no bake protein balls, protein energy balls, protein balls