This easy and creamy caramelized banana oatmeal is my all time favorite breakfast recipe!
- Add the oats and plant milk or water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add cinnamon, sea salt, and vanilla and let simmer until thickened.
- While the oatmeal is cooking, add the coconut oil and maple syrup to a large saute pan. Once it is sizzling, add in the sliced bananas.
- Cook on each side for about 5 minutes, or until nice and golden brown.
- When the oatmeal is done, top with the caramelized bananas and additional maple syrup if desired.
- Top with an extra pinch of cinnamon, crushed walnuts, pecans, or nut butter and enjoy.
I used 2 tbsp of coconut oil to caramelize the bananas, but you can probably get away with only using 1.
Refined coconut oil, unlike unrefined coconut oil, won’t have any coconut taste, so I prefer that in this recipe.
Keywords: caramelized banana oatmeal, caramelized bananas, oatmeal recipe, caramelized banana recipes