Making your own jam is much easier than you think! This chia seed jam is refined sugar free, requires only 4 ingredients, and is ready in about 10 minutes. Spread it on your favorite toast, add it to oatmeal, or make some bliss balls!
- 2 cups berries of choice (or a mix of several types)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp honey, maple syrup, or coconut sugar
- Juice from 1 large lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- Add the berries of choice to a pot.
- Cook over medium/low heat until the mixtures starts to bubble and the berries soften. This will be about 10 minutes.
- Use a fork, potato masher, or even an immersion blender to mash the berries. You can leave a few chunks if desired, or mash until no chunks remain.
- Add in the lemon juice, chia seeds and sweetener of choice and let thicken for 5-10 minutes on very low heat.
- Store in an air tight container or weck jar.
You can use fresh or frozen berries for this recipe. If using fresh, you may need to add 2 tbsp of water to the pan to help the berries melt.
This recipe will store in the fridge for about 1 week. It can be frozen for 1-2 months. Be sure to defrost in the fridge before serving!
If you don’t have a strong sweet tooth, you can make this recipe without any added sweetener.
If you don’t want any fruit chunks in your jam, you can blend the fruit before adding in the chia seeds. You can make it super smooth and then add in the chia seeds to thicken it into jam.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 12.6g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 20.7g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 1.7g
Keywords: chia seed jam, chia jam, chia seed recipes