- 2 cups berries of choice (or a mix of several types)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp honey, maple syrup, or coconut sugar
- Juice from 1 large lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- Add the berries of choice to a pot.
- Cook over medium/low heat until the mixtures starts to bubble and the berries soften. This will be about 10 minutes.
- Use a fork, potato masher, or even an immersion blender to mash the berries. You can leave a few chunks if desired, or mash until no chunks remain.
- Store in an air tight container or weck jar.
You can use fresh or frozen berries for this recipe. If using fresh, you may need to add 2 tbsp of water to the pan to help the berries melt.
This recipe will store in the fridge for about 1 week. It can be frozen for 1-2 months. Be sure to defrost in the fridge before serving!
If you don’t have a strong sweet tooth, you can make this recipe without any added sweetener.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 12.6g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 20.7g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 1.7g
Keywords: chia seed jam