This easy vegan banana bread is fluffy, delicious, and gluten free!
- 3 very ripe bananas (about 1 1/4 cups mashed)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond meal (from whole almonds NOT blanched)
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Combine the ground flax seeds with 2.5 tbsp of water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, peel and mash bananas with a fork.
- To the same bowl, add in the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, apple sauce, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, and soy milk. Stir well to combine.
- Add in all remaining ingredients aside from the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Stir in the flax egg and mix to combine.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add the batter to a loaf pan lined with parchment paper or lightly sprayed with coconut oil. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips and coconut sugar if desired.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
You want your bananas to be nice and ripe with lots of brown spots to ensure the best flavor and texture of bread.
You can sub any non-dairy milk for soy milk, but since soy milk is higher in protein it does yield a slightly fluffier texture.
Keywords: banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread, gluten free banana bread, vegan banana bread