These are the best fluffy chocolate chip pancakes EVER that are also gluten free and can be made vegan!
- If you’re making these pancakes vegan, you’ll want to first prep the flax egg. See notes for instructions.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients aside from the chocolate chips (but including the egg or flax egg once ready) and whisk well.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips. You can add more if desired, but I don’t recommend more than 1/2 cup as this will make it difficult to flip/cook properly.
- Add 1/3 cup worth of batter to a saute pan over low/medium heat and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side or flip when bubbles start to form around the edges.
- Repeat until all batter has been used. Top with maple syrup, berries, banana or whipped cream if desired.
To make the flax egg: Combine 1 tbsp ground flax seeds with 2.5 tbsp water and set aside to thicken for 5-10 minutes.
Be sure to use the baking flour with the BLUE label, not the red. These are different mixes and will yield a different result.
Any non-dairy milk can be used in place of almond milk.
If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, you can use white vinegar or lemon juice instead.
A pinch of salt is equal to about 1/8 tsp.
Once cooked, these pancakes will store in the fridge for about 3 days, or in the freezer for several weeks.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2.7g
Keywords: chocolate chip pancakes, chocolate chip pancake recipe, gluten free pancakes, fluffy pancake recipe