Easy, gluten free, and fluffy as can be, this chocolate chip pancake recipe is all you need to make your Sunday morning a whole lot brighter. It’s the perfect recipe for both kids and adults and only takes a few minutes to whip together!
- Whisk together all wet ingredients until the egg is broken up.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients aside from the chocolate chips and whisk to combine. The batter should be on the thicker side which will yield thicker pancakes. If you want thinner pancakes, add about 2 tablespoons more milk.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips. You can add more if desired, but I don’t recommend more than 2/3 cup as this will make it difficult to flip/cook properly.
- Add 1/3 cup worth of batter to a saute pan over low/medium heat and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side or flip when bubbles start to form around the edges.
- Repeat until all batter has been used. Top with maple syrup, berries, banana or whipped cream if desired.
To make these pancakes vegan, use a flax egg in place of the egg. To make the flax egg: Combine 1 tbsp ground flax seeds with 2.5 tbsp water and set aside to thicken for 5-10 minutes.
Be sure to use the baking flour with the BLUE label, not the red. These are different mixes and will yield a different result.
If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, you can use white vinegar or lemon juice instead.
Once cooked, these pancakes will store in the fridge for about 3 days, or in the freezer for several weeks.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2.7g
Keywords: chocolate chip pancakes, chocolate chip pancake recipe, gluten free pancakes