Creamy, flavorful, and so nutritious, this roasted beet hummus recipe is the perfect dip for some veggies, pita, crackers, or whatever! It’s gluten free, vegan, and a perfect (and pretty) way to sneak some veggies into your diet!
- 1 small beet
- 2 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup tahini (I like Soom Foods)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and dry the beet and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes – 1 hour or until easily pierced with a fork.
- During the final few minutes of baking, mince the garlic and add to a pan with a splash of olive oil.
- Saute until golden brown.
- Remove the beet from the oven and let cool.
- Once it is cool enough to handle, peel off the skin (it should come off easily) and chop into chunks.
- Add to your food processor and pulse until you have very small pieces.
- Add in all remaining ingredients including the sautéed garlic and process until completely smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired or add more vegetable broth for a thinner consistency.
Once prepared, this hummus will last in the fridge for 5-7 days.
If you have the patience, remove the skins from the chickpeas to make the hummus incredibly creamy.
For a stronger beet flavor, use 1 large beet or 2 smaller beets. The recipe as written will not have a very strong beet flavor.
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 13.8g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6.9g
Keywords: roasted beet hummus, beet hummus, beet hummus recipe