Easy and delicious, this vegan pesto pasta is a family favorite!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add the kale (stems removed) and garlic to a food processor and pulse until broken up into fine pieces.
- Add all remaining ingredients and process until smooth, or leave a few chunks if desired.
- Taste and add more basil, lemon, or salt if desired.
- Toss with the cooked pasta and sprinkle with additional cashew parmesan.
Don’t be afraid to really pack the basil in there, this is where much of the flavor is coming from!
I like to use chickpea pasta to really up the protein content of this dish.
Keywords: vegan pesto pasta, dairy free pesto, kale pesto, vegan pesto