Noodles are a girls best friend and these easy garlic sesame noodles are without a doubt my favorite noodle recipe to date! They require just a few ingredients, are gluten free, ready in 15 minutes, and can be eaten hot or cold!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Mince the garlic very finely or use a garlic press to get it super small since we won’t be blending up this sauce.
- Add the minced garlic to a pan with the neutral oil. This can be avocado, olive, or refined coconut oil.
- Saute until the edges of the garlic look golden brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all of the remaining sauce ingredients in a bowl until there are no visible clumps of ginger and the tahini is spread throughout.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the garlic and mix well.
- Let simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- When the pasta is done cooking, combine with the sauce.
- Garnish with scallions, red pepper flakes, crushed peanuts and enjoy!
Purchase some of these pantry staples from Thrive Market to save money!
Be sure to use low sodium soy sauce, regular soy sauce will be way too salty!
For the neutral oil you can use olive, avocado, refined coconut oil etc. This is just needed to saute the garlic.
As written, this recipe is not spicy. Feel free to add more hot sauce or red pepper flakes on top!
Once prepared, these garlic sesame noodles will keep for 5 days in an air tight container in the fridge.
This recipe calls for tahini, which is similar to, but not the same as, sesame paste. Sesame paste has a stronger flavor but it’s not found in all grocery stores, so I opted for a version that everyone will have access to. Sesame paste is made with toasted sesame seeds, whereas tahini is made with raw sesame seeds. If you can find sesame paste near you, you can use that instead!
Be sure to use 12 ounces of uncooked pasta, not 16. There won’t be quite enough sauce for s 1 pound box of pasta.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 305
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Fat: 12.8g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 7.2g
Keywords: sesame noodles, garlic sesame noodles, asian noodles