These gluten free blueberry muffins are an easy dairy free snack or breakfast recipe that are made in just one bowl. They’re dairy free and take 30 minutes from start to finish!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Whisk in all of the dry ingredients making sure to pour and level the flour into your dry measuring cups, don’t scoop from the bag, and mix just until everything is well incorporated. Be careful not to over mix.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries until evenly distributed.
- Add the batter to lined muffin tins, filling about 3/4 of the way up. I like to use the medium cookie scoop to ensure evenly sized muffins.
- Top with a few additional blueberries and a sprinkle of cane sugar if desired.
- Bake at 425 for 2 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350 and bake an additional 17-20 minutes, depending on your oven (mine does best with 18 minutes). The toothpick test sort of works for this recipe, but because of the nature of berries, the toothpick won’t come out completely clean. Careful not to over bake as they will dry out.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this recipe. If you use frozen, the batter will have a marbley appearance and will require an additional 1-2 minutes of cook time because of the moisture of the berries.
If you have access to fresh wild blueberries, I highly recommend using them! They have a deeper flavor than regular blueberries and because they’re small, you can add more.
Because this recipe calls for a GF all purpose flour that already has Xanthan gum, you do need to do add any additional Xanthan gum to the recipe. I highly suggest sticking with the Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Baking Flour, but if you only have another GF all purpose flour, just make sure it includes Xanthan gum in the mix.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6.1g
Keywords: gluten free blueberry muffins, blueberry muffins, gluten free muffins