These paleo almond flour brownies are your new best friend. They’re easy, fudgey yet cakey and SO DELICIOUS. You’d have no idea they’re grain free, dairy free, and 100% good for you! Let’s get baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut sugar, maple syrup, eggs or flax eggs, melted coconut oil, plant milk, vanilla and almond butter.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the batter to an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper (or lightly greased with oil).
- Bake for 25-28 minutes (it will depend on your oven) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing. They tend to fall apart if you cut them prematurely, so really try to wait a good 20-30 minutes before slicing (though longer is even better)! They hold up really well as long as they’re cool when sliced 🙂 You can always heat them up in the microwave after they’re sliced if you want to enjoy them warm.
The eggs can be subbed for 2 flax eggs. To make, combine 1 tbsp ground flax seeds (for every 1 egg and you need 2 for this recipe) with 2.5 tbsp of water. Combine and let sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
The chocolate drizzle is made from 1/4 cup chocolate chips plus 2 tsp coconut oil. Add the chips and oil to a sauce pan and put the sauce pan in a larger pot with water (makeshift double burner) and melt over low heat.
Once prepared, these brownies will keep for about 5 days.
The almond butter can also be subbed with tahini or any nut butter. I imagine a runny peanut butter would also work! Leave a comment below if you try it and let us know how it turns out!
The very best almond butter is the raw almond butter from Trader Joe’s. It has the best flavor and consistency for baking and works really well in this recipe.
If using flax eggs in place of real eggs, the brownies will be a bit less fluffy and more dense, but the flavor is still delicious.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: almond flour brownies, paleo brownies, grain free brownies