This healing chickpea noodle soup is light, refreshing, and the perfect recipe when you’re feeling under the weather!
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 2 stalks celery, chopped small
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1–2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 ounces chickpea pasta
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1–2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1–2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- In a large pot, add your chopped onion and garlic with the olive oil.
- Saute until the onions are translucent.
- In a separate pot, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Add in the chopped carrots and celery to the pot with the onion and garlic and saute for an additional 5 minutes. Feel free to add extra oil or veggie broth to prevent sticking.
- Add in all remaining ingredients (see notes for how to add in the herbs) except for pasta and lemon and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard the herbs.
- Add in cooked pasta and lemon juice.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve with a fresh baguette or enjoy as is!
The great thing about this soup is that it is incredibly versatile. You can add any other veggies, spices and herbs you like to enhance the flavor.
This herb infuser is great for cooking. Just place all of the herbs in here, throw it in the pot, and let the herbs infuse into the broth.
Keywords: chickpea noodle soup, vegan noodle soup, healthy noodle soup