These vegan chocolate chip cookies are gluten free and so delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the softened coconut oil (but not melted), coconut sugar, and applesauce to a bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until you get a nice paste.
- Add in the vanilla and plant milk and beat again.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and beat until a dough forms.
- Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes to let the dough set.
- Form into 1 – 1 1/2 inch balls, press lightly to flatten with your fingers, and place on a cookie sheet with enough space in between.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (soft & chewy) or 15-18 minutes (crispy) or until the edges are golden brown. They will continue to harden as they cool.
I like to use this cookie scoop to scoop the cookies into perfect circles.
Once baked, these cookies will store in an air tight container for about 1 week.
Be sure to use softened coconut oil, but not completely melted. To soften the coconut oil, add to a microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
To make sure there is no coconut flavor to the cookies, I recommend using refined coconut oil.
I like using mini chocolate chips for this recipe, but any will work.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, vegan chocolate chip cookies, healthy chocolate chip cookies