These AB & J energy bites are the perfect mid day snack!
- If you don’t already have your chia jam prepared, do so now, or use store bought instead!
- Make sure the jelly is nice and cold (it’s much easier when it’s frozen) so it rolls well with the bites.
- Add all ingredients for the energy bites to a food processor and process until completely broken up and a dough forms.
- Scoop out approximately 1.5 inch balls of dough.
- Place on top of a piece of parchment paper, fold the other half of the parchment paper on top and use a small cup to press the dough into a circle disk (see photos).
- Add a small dollop of jelly into the center (only about 1 tsp) and fold the dough in half. It should resemble a dumpling. Be sure not to use too much jelly!
- Seal in the edges so no jelly slips out, and then carefully use your hands to roll the dough back into a ball.
- Repeat until all dough has been used.
- Store in the fridge for about 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for 1 month.
You can use any flavor jam for this recipe, my personal favorite is raspberry.
If you find the dough is too dry, you can add extra maple syrup or dates. If it is too moist you can add extra flax seeds or coconut.
Keywords: energy bites, almond butter energy balls, peanut butter energy bites, healthy energy balls