Say goodbye to mushy and bland quinoa! Follow these steps to make perfectly fluffy and flavorful quinoa every time.
- 1 cup dry quinoa (I used tri color quinoa, any variety works well)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add the the measured quinoa to a fine mesh strainer and rinse well.
- Add to a pot with water and bring to a low boil.
- Add the salt and any other seasonings of your choice and stir.
- Let simmer on low heat, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Once all the liquid is absorbed, cover and turn off the heat.
- Let steam for about 10 minutes to finish cooking.
- Fluffy the quinoa with a fork and enjoy!
Always use a 1:2 ratio of quinoa to water.
For extra flavor, you can sub the water for equal parts vegetable broth.
Before you cover the quinoa to finish steaming, it will still appear to be slightly undercooked, but it will finish cooking as it steams. Do not add more liquid at this point or it will end up mushy.
Once prepared, the quinoa will store in the fridge for 5 days. You can freeze quinoa as well. It will keep in the freezer for about 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup cooked
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: quinoa, how to cook quinoa, perfect quinoa