Delicious, full of flavor, and actually filling, this simple kale salad is a winter favorite!
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup runny tahini
- 3–6 tbsp water (will depend on the consistency of your tahini)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or freshly minced garlic)
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and to a skillet.
- Add in the olive oil, garlic powder, and salt and heat on medium heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until they start to brown slightly.
- As the chickpeas cook, prepare your quinoa using the instructions outlined in this post.
- While the quinoa is cooking, de-stem the kale, wash, and chop finely.
- To make the dressing, simply whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until your desired consistency forms.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss together. Top with additional salt and pepper if desired.
For the best consistency for the sauce, I recommend using a runny tahini like Soom Foods.
To make the kale easiest to chew and eat, you’ll want to massage it well. I suggest using lemon juice to make it easier!
Check out this guide for how to de-stem your kale.
Once prepared, this recipe will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. It will keep for longer if you store the dressing separately, otherwise it will get soggy.
Keywords: kale salad, kale and quinoa salad, lemon tahini dressing, tahini dressing recipe, salad for a party