These lemon blueberry pancakes are easy, vegan, gluten free, and freezer friendly!
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2–3/4 cup coconut milk (start with 1/2 and add more as needed)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Zest from 1–2 lemons
- Juice from 1/2 large or 1 small lemon
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, lemon zest and salt.
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Add in the applesauce, vanilla, coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice and whisk together until a batter forms.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a skillet on medium/low heat with a touch of coconut oil if necessary.
- Using 1/3 measuring cup, scoop out the batter and gently spread into an even circle.
- Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until bubbles form around the edges.
- Repeat until all batter has been used.
The batter will thicken as it sits, so feel free to add more coconut milk as you make them.
These pancakes can be frozen in tupperware and reheated in the toaster or oven.
Keywords: vegan pancake recipe, gluten free pancakes, lemon blueberry pancakes, vegan blueberry pancakes