Light and fluffy, these lemon poppy seed pancakes are perfect for Spring!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder/starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon zest (or more to taste)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 2.5 tbsp water)
- Prepare the flax egg by combining 1 tbsp ground flax with 2.5 tbsp water and set aside.
- Add the oat flour, almond flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder, baking soda, and poppy seeds to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add in all remaining ingredients including the flax egg (once it has thickened-takes about 5-10 minutes) and mix well.
- Heat a skillet or griddle on medium heat (greased if needed), and add 1/3 cup of batter.
- Let cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form around the edges.
- Repeat until all batter has been used.
The batter will thicken slightly as it sits. Add more liquid if needed to thin it out, just a few tbsp at a time.
These pancakes will store well in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer for 2 weeks. Just pop them in the toaster or reheat on the stove.
Keywords: poppyseed pancakes, gluten free vegan pancakes, lemon pancakes, vegan pancakes