These no bake almond butter energy balls are an easy and delicious snack. They’re bursting with flavor, loaded with chocolate chips, but are completely vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free. You’ll need to make them to believe how amazing they are.
These no bake energy bites are made with just 10 ingredients and give me cookie dough vibes, but without the stomach ache. I love them as a late night snack, but they’re perfect any time of day and especially for school lunches.
Energy bites, or energy balls, are an easy snack that usually have lots of healthy fats, protein, and natural carbohydrate to provide you lots of energy in one little bite.
- Oats: Help bind everything together and act as the base for the recipe.
- Coconut Flakes: Adds healthy fats and delicious flavor.
- Almond Butter: Helps moisten the dough and adds extra protein and healthy fats.
- Chia Seeds: To help bind all of the ingredients together.
- Ground Flax Seeds: To absorb extra moisture.
- Maple Syrup : To help sweeten. Honey also does the trick!
- Cinnamon: For extra flavor.
- Vanilla: I just love vanilla!
- Pinch of salt: For saltiness, duh.
- Chocolate Chips: It wouldn’t be a chocolate chip energy bite without chocolate chips.
How to make this recipe
Add the rolled oats to a food processor and pulse a couple of times. You don’t want to end up with flour, so keep a some whole oats in the mix.
Add all of the remaining ingredients aside from the chocolate chips and process until everything is well combined. If the mixture is too sticky, add more oats, if it is too dry, add more nut butter or maple syrup and process again.
Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times, just until the chips are broken up and distributed among the rest of the batter.
Use a spoon or a cookie scoop (I use the middle sized one of these, which I love!) to measure out 1 1/2 inch scoops and roll into balls.
You can roll them in shredded coconut, hemp hearts, more chocolate, or enjoy as is!
Recipe tips, tricks, and FAQ’s
- This recipe does need to be refrigerated. These almond butter energy balls will keep for 1-2 weeks in the fridge or 1 month in the freezer. If you keep in them in the freezer, let them defrost a bit before enjoying.
- I used almond butter in this recipe but any nut butter will work! Peanut butter is especially good in this recipe as well!
- To keep these whole food based, you can use cacao nibs in place of the chocolate chips, which will add a slightly bitter flavor to the final product.
- For extra protein, you can add a scoop of your favorite non dairy protein powder or collagen peptides to the batter after grinding up the oats.
Try these delicious snack recipes next!
- Clustery Banana Bread Granola
- Sweet Potato Smoothie (Tastes like pie!)
- Almond Butter Jelly Energy Bites
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and rating below and let us know how it turns out! Follow along on instagram for more recipes & updates!
No Bake Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- Add the oats to a food processor and pulse a few times until they are broken up. Be careful not to over process, you don’t want them to become flour.
- Add in all remaining ingredients aside from the chocolate chips and process until everything is well combined. If the mixture is too sticky, add more oats, if it is not sticky enough, add more almond butter or maple syrup.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pulse a few times until broken up and mixed in with the rest of the “dough.”
- Use your hands, a spoon, or a cookie scoop to measure about 1 1/2 inch balls. Repeat until all dough has been used.