Easy, delicious, and made with good for you ingredients, these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a gluten free treat! The best thing about them?! They’re refined sugar free and pass as breakfast, snack, and a dessert!
I’ve always loved oatmeal based cookies, (or anything that has to do with oatmeal, really!) but I’ve always hated raisins. Regular chocolate chip cookies are great and all, but I do like to have a bit more substance in my cookies from time to time.
So, I combined the best of both worlds (cue Hannah Montana) with these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! They’re refined sugar free, made with whole food ingredients, but still taste 100% delicious.
What kind of oats do you use for cookies?
For this recipe, is I suggest using old fashioned or rolled oats. You definitely do not want to use steel cut oats but you may be able to use quick cooking oats. However, for the best result, I suggest sticking with old fashioned/rolled oats.
These oats will hold their shape well while cooking and will give a nice chew to the cookie. To keep these cookies nice and chewy, you won’t want to bake them for too long. About 12-13 minutes will yield a perfectly chewy oatmeal cookie, with beautiful golden brown edges.
Are oatmeal cookies healthy?
These cookies are perfectly healthy in my book! They’re made with very simple ingredients, are refined sugar free. They also contain healthy fats from the almond butter and coconut oil, as well as complex carbohydrates from the oats.
If you ask me, these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies pass as a breakfast cookie! Make a big batch so you always have a snack on hand.
These vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are
- Gluten free
- Refined sugar free
- Soft & chewy
- Made in just one bowl
- Protein and fiber rich
- And slightly addicting (in a good way!)
Try these other easy desserts next!
- Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cookies
- The Best Vegan & Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
- Decadent Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Amazing Almond Flour Brownies
Lastly, if you want more recipes straight to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my email list. As always, tag me on instagram if you make this recipe so I can see your creation! Don’t forget to leave a comment and rating if you enjoy this recipe!Print
Easy, delicious, and made with good for you ingredients, these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a gluten free treat! The best thing about them?! They pass as breakfast, snack, and a dessert!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almond flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and mix well.
- Add in the almond butter, coconut oil, plant milk, vanilla, maple syrup, and stir until a dough forms.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips until well combined.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the dough into even balls and flatten slightly with your hands.
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, 12 for a softer cookie, 15 for firmer.
- Remove from oven, and let cool (they will continue to harden as they cool).
You can use either unblanched or blanched almond flour for this recipe.
The dough will spread while baking, but not considerably.
Start with 2 tbsp almond milk and add more if the dough is too dry. The coconut oil is optional, but will help make the cookies a bit more moist.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 8.5g
- Fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 3.4g
Keywords: oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, gluten free oatmeal cookie, vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookie