These peanut butter jelly overnight oats make the perfect weekday morning!
- 1 cup rolled or quick cooking oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or any plant milk)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 batch chia jam
- Optional: 1 tbsp maple syrup and/or 2 tbsp peanut butter powder
- Add the oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, almond milk, and maple syrup/peanut butter powder to a bowl and mix well.
- Split the mixture evenly into 2 mason jars or tupperware containers.
- Let sit in the fridge overnight to thicken.
- Meanwhile, prep the chia jam by adding the berries to a medium pot on low heat.
- Heat until the berries start to bubble (about 3-5 minutes), then gently mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Once the berries are mostly flattened, add in the chia seeds and maple syrup if using.
- Stir the mixture well, turn the heat off, and let sit to thicken.
- Once thickened, transfer to a container and store in the fridge.
- In the morning, add a few scoops of the chia jam and peanut butter to the oats and enjoy!
You won’t need to use the whole batch of chia jam for this recipe, but it will keep in the fridge for about 1 week so it’s nice to have on hand!
Once prepared, this recipe will store in the fridge for about 3 days.
Be sure to use certified gluten free oats if necessary.
Keywords: overnight oats recipe, pb & j overnight oats, peanut butter overnight oats