Light, refreshing, and packed with protein, this quinoa breakfast bowl is a simple breakfast that is perfect for meal prep! It’s vegan, naturally gluten free, and can be enjoyed a variety of ways.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (regular or tri-color)
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1–2 slices ripe peaches
- Coconut yogurt or coconut cream
- Slivered Almonds
- Berries of choice
- Honey & cinnamon
- Add all of the ingredients for the quinoa to a medium pot.
- Cook over medium heat and bring to a low boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer uncovered until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Once the liquid is absorbed, cover and let steam for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and lightly fluff with a fork. Serve warm or let cool before serving.
- Serve with peaches, berries, coconut yogurt and a drizzle of honey if desired.
Keywords: quinoa breakfast bowl, high protein breakfast, quinoa porridge, gluten free breakfast recipe