This quinoa tabbouleh salad recipe is light, fresh, and makes the perfect side dish for any family get together. It’s both vegan and gluten free and takes only 20 minutes to make!
- 2 bunches of parsley, stems removed (4 cups chopped)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (about 3 cups cooked)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (white or red)
- 1/2 large cucumber, diced
- Cook the quinoa. (Follow this guide)
- Remove the stems of the parsley and chop into very small pieces. I personally like to add the de-stemmed parsley to my food processor and pulse it a few times so it’s very finely chopped, but you can also just use a knife if you prefer.
- Add to a large mixing bowl with the drained and rinsed chickpeas, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and mint if using.
- Let the quinoa cool, and prepare the dressing in the meantime.
- Mix the olive oil, minced garlic, maple syrup, salt, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and black pepper together in a small bowl or salad dressing shaker.
- Add the cooled quinoa and dressing to the salad and mix until well incorporated.
- Top with additional salt and pepper if desired.
This tabouleh salad will store in the fridge for about 5 days in an air tight container.
I used curly parsley for this recipe, but flat leaf parsley also works.
You can sub the bell pepper for chopped tomatoes if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 11.9g
- Carbohydrates: 24.2g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: quinoa tabbouleh salad, tabbouleh salad, tabbouleh salad recipe, quinoa tabbouleh