These rainbow veggie collard wraps are the perfect summertime recipe.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions (using a 1:2 ratio of quinoa to water. Or use veggie broth for more flavor).
- Wash and dry the collard leaves.
- Cut off the very bottom of the stem (where it meets the main leaf) and carefully slice off the top of the stem.
- Add roughly 2 tbsp of hummus to the inner part (the outer part is darker if you’re unsure) a leaf and spread it out along the stem.
- Add the cooked and cooled quinoa, 1/4 of the veggies, avocado, and microgreens if using. Feel free to also add the dressing to the inside of the wrap instead of just the outside.
- Fold the bottom and top of the leaf in about 2 inches on top of the filling (see pictures).
- Now, take the one side that hasn’t been folded, and roll it on top of the filling.
- Tuck it in to keep the filling secure and keep rolling until you get to the end.
- Cut the wrap in half and enjoy!
If you have a food processor or high speed blender, you can peel and slice the carrot and cabbage into large chunks and pulse a few times until they are broken up.
Feel free to add any additional veggies such as cucumber, scallions, beets, or radishes.
Keywords: wrap, sandwich, collard, hummus, tahini, dressing, detox