Made with simple and wholesome ingredients, this Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is comforting, delicious, and makes the perfect weeknight dinner. It’s dairy free, vegan, and can be made gluten free!
- Add the cashews to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the garlic, and chop the onion and bell peppers into large chunks.
- Place on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and roast for 30 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, cook your pasta of choice.
- When the veggies are done, add to a blender or food processor with the drained cashews and all remaining ingredients and process until completely smooth.
- Stir the sauce into the cooked pasta, and top with fresh basil if desired!
My favorite gluten free pastas are brown rice pasta and chickpea pasta.
I recommend using pretty large cloves of garlic and a large onion because this is where much of the flavor comes from. If your garlic cloves are small, you can use 5-6 instead of 4.
Once prepared, this recipe will store in the fridge for about 3-5 days. To reheat, add to a pan with a splash of non-dairy milk so it gets creamy.
To deepen the flavor of the dish, you can add extra tomato paste. This will also give the sauce a deeper red color.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 406
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Fat: 18.9g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 11.9g
Keywords: roasted red pepper pasta, vegan pasta recipe, vegan roasted red pepper pasta