Creamy, delicious, and simple to make, this vegan roasted red pepper pasta is a family favorite recipe!
- Add the cashews to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the garlic, and chop the onion and bell peppers into large chunks.
- Place on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and roast for 30 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, cook your pasta of choice.
- When the veggies are done, add to a blender or food processor with the drained cashews and all remaining ingredients aside from arrowroot and nutritional yeast and process until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a large skillet and whisk in the arrowroot powder and nutritional yeast until smooth.
- Stir in the pasta, and top with fresh basil if desired!
My favorite gluten free pastas are brown rice pasta and chickpea pasta.
I recommend using pretty large cloves of garlic and a large onion because this is where much of the flavor comes from. If your garlic cloves are small, you can use 5-6 instead of 4.
Once prepared, this recipe will store in the fridge for about 3-5 days. To reheat, add to a pan with a splash of non-dairy milk so it gets creamy.
To deepen the flavor of the dish, you can add extra tomato paste. This will also give the sauce a deeper red color.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 406
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Fat: 18.9g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 11.9g
Keywords: roasted red pepper pasta, creamy vegan pasta, dairy free pasta, vegan roasted red pepper pasta