These S’mores bars will take you back to Summer as a kid. They’re gooey, easy to make, naturally vegan and gluten free and the perfect sweet treat for any occasion.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (8 full graham crackers)*
- 3/4 cup (gf) all purpose flour (spoon and leveled)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup (dairy free) butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the graham crackers to a food processor and pulse to break up into small pieces.
- If your butter was in the fridge, add to the microwave for 15-20 seconds to soften. You want it soft, but not completely melted.
- Add the butter and all remaining crust ingredients to the food processor and process until well combined. The graham cracker should be blended with all ingredients, but you don’t want to over process.
- Add to an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper (make it long enough in one direction so it folds over two of the edges which will make for easier removal) and press down firmly with your hands until it is spread throughout the dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the chocolate chips, coconut cream (just the white part from either a can of coconut cream or a can of full fat coconut milk) and powdered sugar.
- Heat over low heat until the chocolate melts.
- When the crust is done, remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate on top and spread around with the back of a metal spoon.
- Add the marshmallows on top in one even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn your oven on to broil to brown the tops for 1-2 minutes. Keep a VERY close eye on the oven since broiling can quickly burn things if you’re not careful. 1 minute should be plenty to get golden brown tops.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Use a sharp knife to slice around the edges and carefully lift up from the parchment paper (hopefully that makes sense!). Slice into 16 even squares and enjoy!
I used regular graham crackers for this recipe, but you can also find gluten free and vegan versions and most grocery stores. If you don’t want to use graham crackers, you can sub for equal parts quick oats with no problem.
I used Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Flour for this recipe, but any regular or GF all purpose flour should work just fine.
If you don’t have chocolate chips, you can break up a regular chocolate bar and use that instead.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 16.1g
- Fat: 7.1g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: smores bars, vegan smores bars, summer dessert