This easy spinach strawberry salad with poppy seed dressing is the perfect recipe for the beach, picnic, or party and is a total crowd pleaser! It’s vegan, gluten free and comes together in just 5 minutes.
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts or candied pecans
- 1 avocado
- Optional: 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- To assemble the salad, add the spinach to bowl, chopped strawberry, walnuts and mix together.
- Add of the dressing ingredients to a bowl or jar, and whisk or shake it combine.
- Taste the dressing and add more vinegar, salt or sweetener as desired.
- If serving right away, dress the salad with as much or little dressing as desired. Start with about 1/2 the dressing and add more as needed. (The dressing recipe makes more than you will likely need for this amount of salad, but it depends on your preference)
- Top with sliced avocado and a few cracks of fresh black pepper.
If you are planning to prepare this recipe in advance, I suggest keeping the dressing and the rest of the salad separate until you are ready to serve.
Once prepared, the dressing will store in the fridge for 1 week. Keep it in an air tight container for best results.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 7.1g
- Fat: 21.1g
- Carbohydrates: 16.1g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 3.9g
Keywords: poppy seed dressing, strawberry spinach salad, easy summer salad