These Mexican quinoa stuffed sweet potatoes are a delicious and easy dinner that are perfect for meal prep! Top them off with a large dollop of guacamole and you have a drool worthy dinner.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup cooked black beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1–2 tbsp hot sauce (depending on brand and preference)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and place cut side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, a silicone baking mat, or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, add the corn to a skillet and cook over medium heat, letting it brown slightly.
- In a different pan, add the chopped onion and minced garlic and saute with 1 tbsp olive oil until the onion is translucent.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pan (including the corn) and let cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- When the potatoes are done, use a fork to gently mash the inside and then divide the filling among each of the potatoes.
- Top with guacamole and fresh cilantro.
I used canned black beans for this recipe. You will only need about 1/2 can or so, but you can use the whole thing if you don’t want it to go to waste, or save the rest for a future recipe.
You need a total of 3/4 cup cooked quinoa, which will be about 1/4 cup uncooked.
Once prepared, the sweet potatoes and quinoa will store in the fridge for 3 days and 5 days respectively.
Make sure the sweet potatoes are completely cooked through. A fork should very easily stab through them once done. Cook time will vary per oven, but generally takes around 30 minutes if the potatoes are cut in half.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrates: 39.2g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Protein: 8.4g
Keywords: stuffed sweet potatoes, mexican stuffed sweet potatoes, sweet potato recipe