A light and fresh quinoa buddha bowl that is perfect for summer.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado
- 2 large carrots
- 1 small beet
- 1/2 sprouts or microgreens
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- One batch poppy seed dressing mixed with 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Add the dry quinoa to a medium pot and add 2 cups of veggie broth or water.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and let sit for 5-10 minutes to finish cooking.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the veggies and chickpeas.
- Use a spiralizer to make your beet and carrot “noodles.”
- Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas to a bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic, and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Assemble the bowls by adding in the arugula, quinoa, veggie noodles, sprouts, avocado, chickpeas, and then top with the dressing.
Keywords: quinoa buddha bowl, glow bowl, summer buddha bowl, poppy seed dressing