These fluffy sweet potato pancakes are the perfect Fall breakfast!
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp oat flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional:1/4 tsp cloves, nutmeg, or both
- Add the oat flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to a bowl and mix well.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Let the batter sit for about 5-10 minutes to thicken slightly as a pan heats up.
- Using 1/3 measuring cup, scoop out the batter onto the pan and cook on both sides for about 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat until all batter has been used.
- To make the apples, core and chop the apple into small pieces.
- Add the coconut oil to a pan and let melt.
- Add in the apple and let cook until it browns slightly.
- Add the maple syrup and cinnamon and cook until the apples are soft and warm, about 5 or so minutes.
- Top the pancakes with the apples and additional maple syrup.
For the mashed sweet potato, you may either steam or bake a sweet potato and mash 1/2 cup worth. I have not tried this recipe with sweet potato puree from a can, but if you do, let me know in the comments how it turns out!
Once prepared, the pancakes will store in the fridge for 5 days.
These pancakes can be stored in the freezer for about 1 month. Add them to a toaster to reheat.
If you do not have oat flour, you can make it by adding whole oats to a blender and grinding them until a fine flour forms.
The batter will thicken slightly as it sits because of the oat flour. You can add 1-2 extra tablespoons of milk as needed to thin it out, but it is best to have the batter slightly thick than too thin.
I suggest using refined coconut oil to make sure there is no coconut flavor to the apples or pancakes.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake (makes 6)
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Fat: 6.6g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 3.2g
Keywords: sweet potato pancakes, sweet potato pancake recipe, vegan pancakes