This baked buffalo cauliflower is the perfect side dish or appetizer for a party. It’s gluten free, vegan, and belongs at every football party! It has a crispy breaded coating and a spicy buffalo sauce.
- 1 large head cauliflower (6 cups chopped)
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour*
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch/flour*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- Optional by recommended: 1/3 cup gluten free or regular breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce or hot sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth*
- 2 tbsp dairy free butter
- 1/4 cup dairy free ranch* plus more for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rice flour, almond flour, arrowroot starch, salt, garlic powder, and non-dairy milk until a batter forms.
- Chop the cauliflower into large florets* and add to the bowl.
- Mix until well coated. If using the breadcrumbs, sprinkle them on now and toss until well coated.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If there is any leftover batter, brush it over any pieces that need more.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- During the final few minutes, melt the butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Whisk in the buffalo sauce, ranch and vegetable broth.
- When the cauliflower is done, let cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a bowl and coat with the buffalo sauce.
- Transfer back to the baking sheet and bake for 10-15 more minutes.
- Serve immediately with ranch dip.
The almond flour can be subbed for more rice flour.
The arrowroot can be subbed for tapioca starch or corn starch.
The non-dairy butter can be subbed for regular butter, margarine, or oil of choice.
The ranch in the buffalo sauce helps to make it thicker and creamier and helps it stick to the cauliflower better. You can easily leave it out, but it will look a bit different than the pictures show. I like to use the buffalo ranch by Sir Kensingtons. Any ranch will work, just make sure it is vegan if necessary.
If you do not have buffalo sauce, you can use regular hot sauce instead.
To make the recipe spicier, sub the vegetable broth for more buffalo sauce.
For a low carb or keto option, you can use all almond flour and omit the rice flour, breadcrumbs and arrowroot.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 6.8g
Keywords: buffalo cauliflower, vegan buffalo cauliflower, baked buffalo cauliflower