Easy and delicious, these roasted breakfast potatoes are the perfect recipe for your weekend morning brunch! They’re vegan, gluten free and require just a few simple ingredients and are ready in 30 minutes!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the potatoes, onion, and pepper into small pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Toss with the olive oil and minced garlic until everything is well coated.
- Add in the spices, salt, and black pepper and mix until well incorporated.
- Add to a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes. You shouldn’t need to grease the baking dish since the potatoes are all oiled up!
- After 25 minutes, turn up the heat to 425 and bake an additional 10-15 minutes to help brown the potatoes. You’ll know they’re done when they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Serve with ketchup, additional salt and pepper, salad, or any other brunch eats!
I have tried this recipe with both gold and red potatoes with no problems. I wouldn’t try substituting for other types of potatoes (such as russet), as these tend to be dry.
You can use red or white onion in place of the yellow onion.
Once prepared, these potatoes will keep in the fridge for 5 days. Keep them in an air tight container for best results.
This recipe as written is not super spicy, feel free to add a pinch of cayenne or some hot sauce to your liking.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Protein: 4.3g
Keywords: breakfast potatoes, home fries, roasted breakfast potatoes