Crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy on the inside, these vegan almond flour waffles are grain free, paleo, and the perfect weekend breakfast! They store well in both the fridge and freezer which makes them perfect for meal prep.
- Combine the ground flax and water in a bowl, whisk together and set aside to thicken.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, and sea salt in a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and whisk together. Stir in the flax egg.
- Heat a waffle maker and add a touch of coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Use a ladle to scoop out the batter into the waffle maker.
- Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Serve with maple syrup and berries. Best if eaten right away.
Once prepared, these waffles will store in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for several weeks.
Be sure to use blanched almond flour and not almond meal for this recipe.
You can use any nut butter in place of the almond butter, but do not sub the almond butter for oil or more apple sauce as this will cause the waffles to be very gummy.
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 5.8g
- Fat: 7.8g
- Carbohydrates: 27.3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3.3g
Keywords: grain free waffles, vegan waffles, almond flour waffles, gluten free waffles