- 1 bunch kale (any variety) (about 4–5 heaping cups chopped)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 –1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the drained, rinsed, and dried chickpeas to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and garlic and add to a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, turn the oven OFF, and let sit in the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes to crisp.
- While the chickpeas are cooking, prepare the rest of the salad. Remove the stems of the kale and chop the leaves into very small pieces.
- Add to a colander and run under warm water. While the water is running, massage the kale with your hands to help break it down.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and dry the kale using a towel.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients into a high speed blender and process until smooth. Taste, and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Toss the dressing with the kale, add the chickpeas, sliced avocado and enjoy!
To make your chickpeas extra crispy, after they have been drained and rinsed, you can peel off the skins of each chickpea. This step is tedious and annoying, but it does help the chickpeas crisp really well!
Keywords: caesar salad, kale salad, vegan caesar dressing