If you need to satisfy all of your Fall baking needs, look no further than this vegan pumpkin bread with streusel topping and maple glaze. This gluten free bread is easy to make and is the perfect snack, breakfast, or dessert!
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 flax eggs (see notes or sub for 2 real eggs if not vegan)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup GF all purpose flour (I used Bob’s)
- 2 tbsp dairy free butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp non dairy milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the streusel topping, combine the GF flour, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Slowly pour in the melted butter and combine with your fingers until crumbles form. Set aside.
- Whisk together the coconut sugar, maple syrup, almond butter, melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, and flax eggs once thickened.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- The batter will be thick, but stir just until all of the dry ingredients are well mixed into the wet.
- Add the batter to an 9 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Smooth out the top.
- Evenly spread the streusel topping on top of the bread allowing it to crumble between your fingers.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the maple glaze, simply combine all ingredients until well combined.
- Let the bread cool for at least 2 hours before glazing and slicing.
- Once cool, drizzle the glaze on top, slice, and enjoy!
To make the flax eggs, combine 2 tbsp ground flax egg with 5 tbsp water. Stir and set aside to thicken for 5-10 minutes.
For a refined sugar free option, leave out the streusel toping and maple glaze or sub for my maple cream cheese glaze instead.
Once prepared, this recipe will keep for about 3 days on the counter or 5 days in the fridge. Keep it covered to prevent it from drying out.
It is VERY IMPORTANT to let this bread cool completely (at least 2 hours) before slicing. Otherwise, it will become very crumbly and fall apart when you slice into it. When it comes out of the oven, leave it in the loaf pan, but do not touch it for at least 2 hours, overnight is ideal.
You will need a total of 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree for this recipe, which is slightly less than one 15 ounce can.
Not all pumpkin pie spices are created equal. The simply organic pumpkin spice is the best in my opinion!
If not GF, the GF all purpose flour for the streusel topping can be subbed for regular all purpose flour.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 12.5g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6.6g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin bread, gluten free pumpkin bread, pumpkin bread