Fair warning: you will get addicted to these pumpkin cookies. They’re incredibly soft, perfectly sweet, with just the right amount of pumpkin. Not to mention they are vegan, gluten free, and bursting with Fall flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups fine almond flour (not meal)
- 3 tbsp solid virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl (or bowl for a standing electric mixer), combine the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Beat using an electric mixer until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- While the electric mixer is going, slowly pour in the dry ingredients.
- Beat just until the dry ingredients are well combined, but careful not to over mix.
- Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to scoop about 1-1.5 inch balls.
- Flatten into a cookie shape. (see notes)
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the icing and drizzle on top once cool.
Once prepared, these cookies will keep for about 5 days. Keep on a plate, uncovered, for best results.
The coconut sugar can be subbed for regular brown sugar.
If you do not have oat flour, simply add some whole rolled oats or quick oats to a blender and process until you get a flour. Measure the flour after blending.
Be sure to use virgin coconut oil that is not melted for this recipe.
I suggest using a medium cookie scoop to measure the dough, roll into a smooth ball, and place on parchment paper. Take a second piece of parchment paper and put it on top of the ball and use the bottom of a flat cup to flatten into about 1/2 inch disks.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 10.1g
- Fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrates: 18.8g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 3.4g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin spice cookies