Nothing screams Fall more than a big bowl of creamy pumpkin pasta! This is a simple and delicious recipe that is dairy free, gluten free, and requires just 10 key ingredients. Plus, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes and gets your whole house smelling like pumpkin heaven.
- 16 ounces pasta of choice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 4 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tsp fresh chopped sage
- 2 tsp fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or cashew parmesan
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Mince the garlic, chop the onion and add to a pan with the olive oil.
- Once the garlic starts to brown, add the chopped sage and thyme.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes to let the flavors blend together.
- Add this mixture and all remaining ingredients (but not the arrowroot powder) to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Add in the arrowroot and pulse a few times to make sure it is well incorporated. At this stage the sauce will be very thin, don’t worry it’s going to thicken!
- Transfer the sauce to a large pan and heat over low heat. Let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until the sauce is nice and thick.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Combine with the cooked pasta and serve immediately with cashew parmesan and red pepper flakes if desired.
This recipe can be made nut free by using soy milk in place of almond milk and leaving out the coconut cream.
Once prepared, this pasta will store in the fridge for 3-5 days.
If you want the sauce thicker, whisk in an additional tablespoon of arrowroot powder/starch until it reaches your desired consistency.
I have only tested this recipe using arrowroot, but I imagine tapioca starch or a neutral flour like brown rice flour would also work.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 10.8g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Protein: 8.1g
Keywords: pumpkin pasta, vegan pumpkin pasta, pumpkin alfredo