Creamy, delicious, and simple to make, this vegan roasted red pepper pasta is a family favorite recipe!
- Add the cashews to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the garlic, and chop the onion and bell peppers into large chunks.
- Place on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and roast for 30 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, cook your pasta of choice.
- When the veggies are done, add to a blender or food processor with the drained cashews and all remaining ingredients aside from arrowroot and nutritional yeast and process until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a large skillet and whisk in the arrowroot powder and nutritional yeast until smooth.
- Stir in the pasta, and top with fresh basil if desired!
If you have a tree nut allergy, you can sub the cashews for 1/4 cup of tahini and decrease the amount of almond milk to 1/2 cup. This will alter the taste slightly, but still very delicious! My favorite gluten free pastas are brown rice pasta and chickpea pasta.
Keywords: roasted red pepper pasta, creamy vegan pasta, dairy free pasta, vegan roasted red pepper pasta