This creamy white bean pasta sauce is a delicious, dairy free dinner for the whole family.
- 16 ounces pasta of choice
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 1/4 cup plain non dairy milk
- 3 tbsp + 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small white onion (about 1 cup chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or homemade cashew parmesan
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 tsp lemon zest
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Mince the garlic, chop the onion, and add both to a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Saute for 5-10 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Drain and rinse the white beans and add to a food processor.
- Transfer the onion and garlic to the food processor along with all remaining ingredients and process until completely smooth. You may need to let it run for a good 1-2 minutes to make sure it is completely smooth and no bean pieces remain.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- To the same pan that you cooked the garlic and onion in, add the chopped asparagus and saute for 5-10 minutes or until it is your desired doneness. I like asparagus crunchy, so I only cook it for about 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus to the cooked pasta and pour the sauce on top. Stir together until well incorporated.
- Top with red pepper flakes and more nutritional yeast or cashew parm if desired.
Once prepared, this pasta will store in the fridge for about 5 days.
Be sure to use plain and unsweetened milk in this recipe! You don’t want any hints of vanilla sneaking in!
Any non-dairy milk will work such as soy milk if you have a nut allergy.
The nutrition information is calculated using brown rice pasta. If you use a different type of pasta, the nutrition will be different.
If you want the sauce to be thinner, add more almond milk as needed until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 427
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Fat: 17.2g
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Fiber: 9.3g
- Protein: 13.6g
Keywords: lemon asparagus pasta, lemon pasta, white bean pasta