Easy, rich, creamy, but entirely dairy free, this is a white wine cream sauce you don’t want to miss! Plus, it only takes about 20 minutes to make and is loved by all types of eaters.
- 16 ounces pasta of choice
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tbsp olive oil or dairy free butter, divided
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup vegan cashew parmesan
- 1/2 –1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black or white pepper
- Add the cashews into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let soak for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Mince the garlic and add to a pan with 2 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Saute until golden brown and nice and fragrant.
- Pour in the white wine and cook for 3-5 minutes so the flavors blend and the alcohol cooks off. You don’t want all of the liquid to evaporate, but it should not have a strong alcohol smell.
- Add the mixture to a food processor with the drained and rinsed cashews, vegan parmesan, the remaining olive oil, and all of the other ingredients. Start with 1 cup of the broth and add more as needed to thin out the sauce.
- Process until completely smooth, about 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Pour over cooked pasta with any veggies of choice if desired and mix until the pasta is well coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
I used pinot grigio for this recipe, but any dry white wine will work just fine.
The vegetable broth can be subbed for chicken broth or any unflavored and unsweetened non-dairy milk.
This pasta is best served fresh, but it will keep in the fridge for 5 days. I recommend heating it up on the stove with a splash of milk or broth so the sauce gets nice and saucey again since it can dry out a bit in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 456
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 31.4g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 11.6g
Keywords: creamy white wine sauce, white wine pasta sauce, dairy free cream sauce, white wine cream sauce