Crispy on the outside and deliciously chewy on the inside, these 10 ingredient vegan and gluten free gingerbread cookies are a guilt-free holiday treat!
If you keep up with me on instagram, you’ll know I recently healed some of the worst acne of my life, so I sometimes get worried about too many holiday indulgences since I don’t want them to aggravate my skin. Most cookies and other baked goods are loaded with refined sugar-something my skin doesn’t agree with. But who doesn’t want a cookie or two on Christmas Eve??
I’ve always struggled to find desserts that actually taste good but aren’t filled with processed ingredients. I made these gingerbread cookies with flavor and nutrition in mind. They’re sweetened with maple syrup and have a good amount of healthy fats and fiber. They won’t spike your blood sugar like crazy, and also won’t leave you in a sugar coma! They’re especially delicious topped with some crushed candy canes.
Lastly, I tried this recipe with a few different types of molasses, and have found that this one yields the best flavor. These chewy vegan gingerbread cookies are my favorite healthy yet delicious treat for the holidays. They don’t last very long in my house. I hope you enjoy!
These Vegan & Gluten Free gingerbread cookies are:
- Chewy on the inside with the perfect crispy edges
- Refined sugar free
- Nutritious, but still SO delicious!
These vegan gingerbread cookies are chewy, flavorful, and my favorite Christmas cookie!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 5 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond and buckwheat flours, arrowroot powder, ginger, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, add the melted coconut oil, molasses, maple syrup and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Scoop the dough into even amounts on a baking try lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Gently flatten the dough with your hands and shape into circles (the dough will not flatten a lot while baking).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes for a chewy cookie, or 15 for a crispier cookie.
Keywords: gingerbread cookie, vegan gingerbread cookie, gluten free gingerbread cookie