Hello hello and welcome! I’m Claire, a food photographer, Health Coach, and Certified Holistic Nutritionist living in Boston, MA. I started Eat With Clarity to share my love for food and nutrition, help women and men heal their skin, and create recipes that inspire people to get back into the kitchen and take control of their health.
I struggled with very debilitating acne for a long time and have opened up a bit about my journey to healing my skin here on EWC. I believe it is so important to share your story, no matter what part of it you’re in, because there is always someone out there who can relate to you, support you, or be a listening ear. Whether it’s food, health tips like seed cycling, my skin journey or love for pasta, I hope you find something here that makes your day just a little bit brighter.
I have always loved food. Like a lot. As a baby I would hang over my moms plate with my mouth hanging open asking her to feed me. (Don’t worry, she complied and didn’t let me starve). I loved to bake during my middle school years, but in high school and college I really struggled with disordered and restricted eating.
Food seemed to consume every aspect of my life and I was constantly focused on my weight, body and every single thing I put into it. Eventually, I was able to heal my relationship with food through a plant based diet (though I am no longer vegan) and discovered my passion for nutrition and holistic wellness. I believe food (and of course eating!) is one of life’s greatest pleasures and can make you feel amazing without sacrificing on taste.
After being off and on the birth control pill, antibiotics, and other acne medications for over a decade, my acne came back with a vengeance at 23 years old. It was emotionally and physically painful, and I wanted nothing more than to wave a magic wand and have perfect skin. Unfortunately, there is no magic fix for acne, but I became determined to treat it naturally and holistically.
After a lot of trial and error, I was finally able to heal my skin and love to help others do the same. I know how hard skin conditions are to deal with, but my goal is to educate others on the root causes of their acne as well as how to finally break free from it and achieve lasting, glowing skin. From diet modifications, lifestyle changes, supplements and more, I share my whole acne journey here.
I believe the answers to many of the conditions and illnesses plaguing our modern world today lie in nature. Food is fuel, food is medicine, and food has the profound ability to heal our bodies safely and naturally. I create delicious, whole food recipes to inspire others to get back into the kitchen and realize just how good our bodies are designed to feel!
While my recipes are no longer fully vegan, they are all dairy and gluten free and cater to all types of eaters. From fluffy chocolate chip pancakes, penne alla vodka, chocolate mousse, maple glazed salmon, and the best kale caesar salad, there is something here for everyone and I’m so happy you’ve stopped by! Happy eating!!
All of my recipes are gluten and dairy free with a focus around whole foods. I minimize the use of processed ingredients in my recipes but also think it’s important to treat yourself every once in a while! I prefer using things like coconut sugar instead of refined sugar in recipes like these grain free brownies! A few additional notes about my recipes:
- We all have different taste buds, so feel free to adjust the seasonings to your liking. You’ll probably learn that I’m garlic obsessed, but if you don’t want to use 12 cloves in this mushroom broccoli rigatoni with lemon garlic cream sauce, feel free to scale back a bit!
- I like to keep the salt on the low side (most of the time) but you may want to add a touch more salt to the finished recipe.
- Life is busy so I try to keep all recipes as simple and quick as possible. Most recipes, aside from a few like this roasted red pepper pasta, take less than 30 minutes to make. Some, like these sticky sesame chickpeas, take only 10 minutes!
- Most recipes have substitutions listed whenever possible. If you have a specific allergy or preference, feel free to leave a comment and I’ll provide you with a substitution within 24 hours.
A few fun facts about me!
- I have two tattoos! I’ll send you some cookies if you can guess what they are 🙂
- I’m an INFJ.
- Pasta has been and always will be my favorite food. When I’ve had one too many glasses of wine you can find me talking about pasta and how it has “always been there for me.” lol. #help
- I love to run and ran my first marathon last Spring. I love to listen to music, tune out the world, and process whatever life is throwing at me.
- If I could do absolutely anything in the world, I would LOVE to be a singer. You can regularly find me singing Celine Dion at the top of my lungs, much to the dismay of those who live with me.
Stay in touch!
Join my email community here where I share new recipes, sneak peaks into fun projects and skin healing tips & tricks! I promise, no spam! Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for updates, recipes, and more!