Welcome! I’m Claire, a food photographer, recipe developer and blogger. Eat With Clarity was born out of my love for food, health, photography, and again… food!
I’ve always loved to cook and love inspiring others to get back into the kitchen. Eat With Clarity welcomes all types of eaters but focuses on dairy and gluten free recipes that are easy to make and will have you reaching for seconds. With plenty of vegan, vegetarian & paleo options, there is something here for everyone!
I have always looooooved food (and cooking!). I loved to bake during my middle school years, but in high school and college I really struggled with disordered and restricted eating.
Food seemed to consume every aspect of my life and I was constantly focused on my weight, body and every single thing I put into it. Eventually, I was able to heal my relationship with food and discovered my love for nutrition and cooking.
After years of mystery symptoms and dozens of trips to dozens of doctors, I was eventually diagnosed with Celiac Disease in early 2020. Shortly after cutting gluten from my diet, many of my symptoms improved and I made it my mission to prove gluten-free recipes can be just as good as the real stuff. Seriously, try my chocolate cake if you’re skeptical!
I believe food (and of course eating!) is one of life’s greatest pleasures and can make you feel amazing without sacrificing taste. Eat With Clarity is a place for simple, gluten free recipes that are designed to taste as good as they make you feel.
All of my recipes are dairy and gluten free with a focus around whole foods. I minimize the use of processed ingredients in my recipes but also think it’s important to treat yourself every once in a while! Life is about balance, so you’ll find a mix of healthier and not so healthy recipes on Eat With Clarity. A few additional notes about my recipes:
- We all have different taste buds, so feel free to adjust the seasonings to your liking. You’ll probably learn that I’m garlic obsessed, but if you don’t want to use 12 cloves in this mushroom broccoli rigatoni, feel free to scale back a bit!
- I like to keep the salt on the low side (most of the time) but you may want to add a touch more salt to the finished recipe.
- Life is busy so I try to keep all recipes as simple and quick as possible. Most recipes, aside from a few like this roasted red pepper pasta, take less than 30 minutes to make and are made in just 1 pot or bowl. Some, like these sticky sesame chickpeas, take only 10 minutes!
- Most recipes have substitutions listed whenever possible. If you have a specific allergy or preference, feel free to leave a comment and I’ll do my best to provide you with a substitution within 48 hours.
A few fun facts about me!
- Pasta is my all time favorite food.
- I’m an INFJ.
- I love to run and ran my first marathon in 2018 and would love to do another someday!
- If I could do absolutely anything in the world, I would love to be a singer. You can regularly find me singing Celine Dion at the top of my lungs, much to the dismay of those who live with me!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you do all of your own photography? Yes! I took photography classes in high school, but it wasn’t until I started Eat With Clarity that I really discovered how much I love food photography. We eat with our eyes first after all!
Are you vegan? I am gluten free out of medical necessity, but other than that I do not like to add labels to my diet. I eat 80% plant-based, but including animal protein in my daily diet works well for my body. You will find lots of vegan recipes on Eat With Clarity and I like to keep this a welcoming space for all types of eaters.
What camera equipment do you use? I have two main cameras, lenses and tripods, all of which you can find linked here.
Do you do freelance photography? Yes! I work with both brands and bloggers to photograph and/or develop recipes. If you are interested in hearing more about what I offer, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Do you blog full time? Yes! Running Eat With Clarity is how I spend 99% of my time. It’s a ton of work and took a long time to get here, but I truly wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s because of all of you that I get to do this, so thank you!
In the press:
Stay in touch!
Join my email community where I share new recipes, sneak peaks into fun projects and all of my best recipe hacks.