Packed with protein, veggies, and all the healing spices, this healing chickpea noodle soup is the ultimate soup to get you through flu season!
I’ll be making this healing chickpea noodle soup (all soup, really!) on repeat all winter long. It’s cozy and warm, simple yet flavorful. You can customize it with virtually any other vegetables or spices you like.
However, I generally keep it simple if I’m feeling under the weather. You can also throw in any additional herbs and spices, veggies, beans, or whatever you like! I personally love lots of black pepper and some fresh lemon juice to give my immune system a kick!
This recipe is:
- Light and fresh
- Cozy and comforting
- Vegan but protein rich
- Packed with skin loving nutrients
- A powerful immune booster
If you make this healing chickpea noodle soup, don’t forget to tag me on instagram so I can see your creations!Print
This healing chickpea noodle soup is light, refreshing, and the perfect recipe when you’re feeling under the weather!
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 2 stalks celery, chopped small
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1–2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 ounces chickpea pasta
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1–2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1–2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- In a large pot, add your chopped onion and garlic with the olive oil.
- Saute until the onions are translucent.
- In a separate pot, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Add in the chopped carrots and celery to the pot with the onion and garlic and saute for an additional 5 minutes. Feel free to add extra oil or veggie broth to prevent sticking.
- Add in all remaining ingredients (see notes for how to add in the herbs) except for pasta and lemon and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard the herbs.
- Add in cooked pasta and lemon juice.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve with a fresh baguette or enjoy as is!
The great thing about this soup is that it is incredibly versatile. You can add any other veggies, spices and herbs you like to enhance the flavor.
Keywords: chickpea noodle soup, vegan noodle soup, healthy noodle soup