Packed with plant protein and a whole lot of flavor, this no bake Granola Bar recipe is one of my all time favorite snacks.
I’ve always been an avid snacker. Very rarely will you find me anywhere without food. Larabars, apples and bananas are my go-to’s, but sometimes that can get a little boring. I love having healthy snacks at home to grab when the hunger pains strike. Otherwise, I would reach for a not so healthy snack and probably not feel great afterward!
Made with wholesome ingredients, this PB & J no bake granola bar recipe is a snack you can feel good about feeding your kids, your loved ones, and yourself! I like to store them in the freezer and then let them defrost for about 10-15 minutes before eating. You can also store them in the fridge, but they will likely be too soft this way.
Looking for more snack ideas? Try these:Print
Easy, delicious, and kid friendly, these no bake PB & J granola bars are the ultimate mid-day snack!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup puffed rice
- 30 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (can sub for other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 3 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen raspberries (2 pints fresh)
- 2–3 tbsp chia seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a medium pot, add your fresh or frozen raspberries and heat on low.
- Once they begin to soften, use a fork to gently mash.
- Add in the chia seeds, stir, and let sit away from the heat to thicken.
- While the jam is thickening, blend pitted dates, peanut butter, plant milk, and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, puffed rice, peanuts, cinnamon, salt and stir well.
- Combine peanut butter mixture with oat mixture and mix until well incorporated (don’t be afraid to use your hands).
- In a large baking dish, spread 1/2 the mixture out evenly (about 1/3 inch thick).
- Spread a layer of the chia jam on top and add the other half of the oat mixture on top.
- Freeze for 2 hours before slicing.
Forming these into bars may require a bit of patience, but I promise it will be well worth it!
Let defrost about 10 minutes before enjoying.
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, skin food, snacks, vegan snacks, healthy recipes