This easy spinach and strawberry salad with poppy seed dressing is the perfect recipe for the beach, picnic, or party, and is a total crowd pleaser!
I know I fall into the minority on this one, but I’ve actually always loved salads. OK, maybe not always, until I was about 18, I hardy touched green vegetables. I’ll admit, I first started eating better because of my skin, which may make me seem vain, but hey, whatever gets those veggies in! More veggies = clear skin = happier me. Plus, if you have a good dressing like this on, you can make them taste amaaazing!
This poppy seed dressing is incredibly easy! It stores well too, so you can make a big batch, pop it in the fridge, and have no excuse to not eat your veggies all week long! All you need to do is whisk the ingredients in a bowl and voila! Easy, delicious salad dressing. It turns into this beautiful ombre color as it sits out too, that is *almost* too pretty to eat. Also, in case you’ve never used poppy seeds before, you can find them at most grocery stores in the spice section.
Yes, this is called a “spinach strawberry salad,” but one of the best things about salad is their versatility. Throw anything in the mix, and as long as you have a good dressing, it’s bound to be good! OK, maybe not anything, but I think you get the point!
This strawberry salad with poppy seed dressing is:
- Light & nutritious
- Perfect for those summer beach days
- Packed with skin-loving healthy fats
- Ready in about 10 minutes!
Try these other salads next!
- Kale salad with maple tahini dressing
- Mashed chickpea ‘tuna’ salad
- Easy Thai quinoa salad with easy almond (or peanut) butter dressing
- Vegan Kale Caesar Salad with Crispy Garlic Chickpeas
Lastly, if you try this salad and dressing recipe, be sure to tag me on instagram so I can see your beautiful creation!Print
Light, fresh, and so easy to whip together, this strawberry spinach salad is the perfect Spring and Summer recipe!
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Optional: 1/2 avocado
- To assemble the salad, add the spinach to bowl, chopped strawberry, walnuts and mix together.
- Add of the dressing ingredients to a bowl or jar, and whisk or shake it combine.
- If serving right away, dress the salad with as much or little dressing as desired. (The dressing recipe makes more than you will likely need for this amount of salad)
- Top with avocado and a few crack of fresh black pepper.
This dressing does not have a strong vinegar taste, if you prefer that, decrease the amount of oil to 1/3 cup.
Keywords: poppy seed dressing, strawberry spinach salad, poppyseed dressing recipe, easy summer salad