This easy spinach strawberry salad with poppy seed dressing is the perfect recipe for the beach, picnic, or party and is a total crowd pleaser! It’s vegan, gluten free and comes together in just 5 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you buy any products through those links. I only link to products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for making Eat With Clarity possible!
I know I fall into the minority on this one, but I’ve actually always loved salads. OK, maybe not always, until I was about 18, I hardy touched green vegetables.
But once I learned how to prepare them properly with a good dressing and all the right mix ins, I was hooked.
The good dressing part is essential. A salad is nothing without a delicious dressing to go with it. This spinach strawberry salad recipe has a poppy seed dressing. It’s sweet, tangy, easy to make and pairs really well with the other flavors in the salad.
To make this recipe, the first thing you need to do is whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing. We’ll be using a fresh poppy seed dressing that has a base of olive oil, red wine vinegar and maple syrup or honey to sweeten.
Once that’s done, just toss about 1/2 of the dressing with the rest of the salad. Feel free to add more dressing as desired, but it’s best to start off with less than you think you will need so nothing gets soggy.
This salad practically screams Summer. So it only makes sense to serve this salad alongside some other summer favorites!
Recipe tips & tricks
- While the poppy seed dressing is perfect as it is IMO, for a little extra tang you can add 2-3 tbsp of fresh orange juice. It pairs really well with the strawberry and avocado and adds a natural sweetness to compliment the honey.
- If you are planning to prepare this recipe in advance, I suggest keeping the dressing and the rest of the salad separate until you are ready to serve.
- Once prepared, the dressing will store in the fridge for 1 week. Keep it in an air tight container for best results.
- This recipe calls for walnuts, but if you want to make it a bit more interesting, you can sub for candied pecans instead.
Try these next!
Lastly, if you want more recipes straight to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my email list. As always, if you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on instagram and leave a comment below so I can see your creation!
Spinach Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts or candied pecans
- 1 avocado
- Optional: 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- To assemble the salad, add the spinach to bowl, chopped strawberry, walnuts and mix together.
- Add of the dressing ingredients to a bowl or jar, and whisk or shake it combine.
- Taste the dressing and add more vinegar, salt or sweetener as desired.
- If serving right away, dress the salad with as much or little dressing as desired. Start with about 1/2 the dressing and add more as needed. (The dressing recipe makes more than you will likely need for this amount of salad, but it depends on your preference)
- Top with sliced avocado and a few cracks of fresh black pepper.